Standard information forms
Standard information forms
Information on the principal rights in accordance with the Tourism Law and Cabinet Regulation No. 380 of 26 June 2018, “Regulations Regarding the Procedures for the Preparation and Provision of Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements and the Rights and Obligations of Service Providers of Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements and Travellers”
- the traveler receives any essential information regarding the package before concluding the package travel contract;
- there is always at least one tourism service provider which is responsible that the tourism services included in the contract are provided adequately;
- a telephone number is issued to the traveler for contacting in emergency cases or information regarding a contact point where he or she may contact the tour operator or travel agent;
- the traveler may, notifying thereof within a reasonable period of time, transfer the package to another person (an obligation of covering additional costs may be provided for it);
- the price of the package may be increased only if specific costs increase (for example, fuel prices) and if it is clearly provided for in the package travel contract, and in any case not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase exceeds 8 % from the price of the package, the traveller may terminate the contract. If the tour operator retains the right to increase the price, the traveller has the right to price reduction, if the relevant costs decrease;
- the traveler may terminate the package travel contract without paying any termination fee and receive a full refund of the payments made, if any of the significant elements of the package is substantially changed, except for the price. If before the start of the package the tourism service provider responsible for the package withdraws the package, the traveller has the right to receive refund and – in the relevant case – compensation;
- the traveler may, in emergency cases before the start of the package service, terminate the package travel contract without paying any termination fee, for example, if there are serious safety problems at the place of destination which, most likely, would affect the package;
- the traveler may, at any time before the start of the package, terminate the contract, paying an appropriate and justifiable termination fee;
- if after the start of the package significant elements of the package cannot be provided as provided for in the agreement, corresponding alternative solutions must be offered to the traveller without additional fee. The traveler may terminate the package travel contract without paying the termination fee if services are not provided according to the contract and it substantially affects the fulfillment of the package, and the tour operator does not eliminate the problem;
- the traveler has the right to price reduction or compensation for damages, if tourism services are not provided or are provided inadequately;
- if the traveler is in difficulty, the tour operator has an obligation to ensure assistance;
- if the tour operator is not able to fulfil its liabilities partially or completely due to its liquidity problems, the payments made by the traveller are refunded. If after the start of the package the tour operator is not able to fulfill its liabilities partially or completely due to its liquidity problems, and transport is included in the package, repatriation of the traveler is ensured.
Limited Liability Company “Join Up Baltic”
- Has security which in case it partially fulfills or fails to fulfill its liabilities due to its liquidity problems is ensured by IJSC “BALTA” and the Consumer Rights Protection Centre.
- If Limited Liability Company “Join Up Baltic” is not able to partially or completely fulfill its liabilities and provide the relevant services due to its liquidity problems, the traveler may contact the Consumer Rights Protection Centre – Brivibas street 55, Riga, Latvia, LV – 1010, e-mail address: [email protected]; consultation phone: 65452554.
- Directive (EU) 2015/2302 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2015 on package travel and linked travel arrangements, amending Regulation (EC) No 2006/2004 and Directive 2011/83/EU of the European Parliament and of the Council and repealing Council Directive 90/314/EEC which is transposed into legal acts of Latvia EUR-Lex – 32015L2302 – EN – EUR-Lex (europa.eu)