Hurghada, located in Egypt, is a coastal town that offers amazing tourist experiences. Visitors can enjoy a variety of activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, and windsurfing in the crystal-clear waters of the Red Sea. Popular excursions include quad biking and desert safaris, where you can explore the sand dunes and traditional Bedouin villages. At night, Hurghada comes alive with bustling markets, lively bars, and a range of international restaurants. With warm weather all year round, Hurghada is the perfect destination for those seeking adventure, relaxation, and a taste of Egyptian culture.
Food in Hurghada
Hurghada is a beautiful coastal city on the eastern coast of Egypt, known for its turquoise waters and colorful coral reefs. It's known mostly for its seafood, so naturally, visitors should try some of the fantastic seafood dishes here.
One of the most popular dishes to try is Kushari, which is a mouth-watering mix of lentils, rice, pasta, and fried onions, topped with a spicy tomato sauce. It's an excellent option for vegetarians and meat-eaters alike.
Another famous Egyptian dish is Ful Medames, which is made from mashed fava beans, spices, and olive oil. It's often served with hard-boiled eggs, fresh vegetables, and bread.
For seafood lovers, grilled sea bass is a must-try. Accompanied by grilled veggies, this dish is a healthy and satisfying choice.
If you want to try something different, we recommend trying the local Grill Mahshi, which is made of minced meat and rice, stuffed into vegetables such as peppers, zucchini, or even grape leaves.
Finally, to satisfy your sweet tooth, try some of the traditional Egyptian desserts, like Om Ali, a rich dessert made with puff pastry, milk, nuts, and raisins, or Basbousa, a sweet cake made with semolina and soaked in syrup.
Overall, Hurghada offers a great variety of delicious food options for tourists. Whether you're a meat-lover, vegetarian or have specific dietary requirements, you're sure to find something delicious to eat in this wonderful city.
Amazing places to visit in Hurghada
Hurghada, Egypt is a beautiful resort city situated on the Red Sea coast. As a tourist, there are amazing things to see and experience in this charming city.
1. Giftun Islands - Located about an hour's boat ride from Hurghada, these islands offer crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, and vibrant coral reefs. It’s a perfect place for snorkeling or diving and one of the best places to experience the marine life in Egypt.
2. Makadi Bay – Makadi bay is another beautiful attraction to see and experience in Hurghada. Located just a few kilometers away from Hurghada, it’s famous for its turquoise water, beautiful beach, and relaxing atmosphere. Like Giftun islands, the bay is also known for its amazing snorkeling and diving spots, where you can witness many kinds of reef fish and occasionally sharks.
3. El Gouna – A stunning coastal town just 20km north of Hurghada. El Gouna is an artificial island connected by bridges that create a unique atmosphere. Here, you can find luxury hotels, restaurants, boutiques, and marinas. A perfect place for an evening walk, and it's also known for its watersports and diving activities.
4. Hurghada Grand Aquarium - If you are visiting Hurghada with your family, make sure to check out the Grand Aquarium. It is home to more than a thousand species of marine life and has a massive tunnel that lets you walk in and out of an aquarium, taking you across the depths of the sea.
5. Desert Safari - A Desert Safari tour on a quad bike or jeep is the ideal way to explore the wilderness of the Egyptian desert. From Hurghada, you can enjoy a 4x4 desert safari ride, a Bedouin camp dinner, and watch the stars in the clear sky.
Overall, Hurghada is a fantastic tourist destination that has something for everyone. The city provides a unique experience of nature, history, culture, and adventure that you can’t find anywhere else in the world.
Best time to travel
Hurghada, Egypt is a popular destination for tourists from all over the world. It is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and diverse marine life. The best time to visit Hurghada is between December and February. During this time, the weather is cool and comfortable, making it perfect for outdoor activities.
The temperature during these months is around 25 degrees Celsius during the day and drops to about 15 degrees Celsius at night. This mild climate allows tourists to enjoy the beaches and water activities without the extreme heat of the summer months.
Additionally, December to February is the peak season for diving and snorkeling in Hurghada. The waters are calm and clear, allowing visitors to witness the vibrant underwater world. The coral reefs are in their prime during this time, making it an ideal time for diving enthusiasts.
Hurghada is a year-round destination, but if you prefer to avoid the crowds and scorching heat, then December to February is the best time to visit. The weather is pleasant, and there are numerous activities to keep tourists entertained. Whether you're looking for an adventure or just want to relax on the beach, Hurghada offers something for everyone.